Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kayak Camera Support





This week I modified my Kayak Camera support. I added a shelf to make it more stable and I lowered the support so that it is now right at eye level.
The support was built using a piece of 6 inch by 1/4 inch thick aluminum stock. I took the stock to a local metal fabricator and I had them bend it on their press. I then attached two four foot pieces of aluminum angle bracket as feet to support the stock piece by drilling and bolting the pieces together. I added the wood shelf to make it more rigid and add a little storage space for filters and lens cleaner etc. The support slides easily back and forth in front of me so I can push it forward when I want to paddle. It works great.

God's light and love,

chris

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how it slides forward so you can paddle! Thanks for the blog posts - I learn something new from each one.

Christhephotog said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love your remote camera pictures. The otters are really cool. they are one of my favorite critters to try and photograph.

Cate Hawthorne said...

Brilliant!!! Hope to see you and the set-up on the Noyo sometime.

paddlinjer said...

Chris, This camera support just got placed onto my "Honey-do List."

Does it work best at eye level? Taller is better as we can always lower it.

Christhephotog said...

The support is set so that the camera is right at my eye level.