Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's a Dollar Tree Kind of Day









Greetings to all you image makers out there,

Some days just don't work out for photography due to the weather or an illness in the family. On those kind of days I like to curl up and read a good book, work on images on the computer or go to Dollar Tree. Yes, that's right go to Dollar Tree. This morning as I was taking my daughter to school it was pouring down rain mixed with sleet. After dropping her off I decided to go to the local Dollar Tree ( Hey corporate guys at Dollar Tree you need to pay me for this!) and randomly pick out some stuff to photograph.Today I picked out some white tagboard and some mylar wrapping paper for use as a backgrounds. I also grabbed a green vase,red tinsel,a velvet box, a can of soup and yes a garden trowel. To top it off I grabbed some party hats, some beads and whistles. If you are new to my blog you can look back at my post of where I show how to make a product photography box out of foam core from the Dollar Tree.

http://diyphotocheapodepot.blogspot.com/2008/06/diy-product-photography.html

When I got home I set up some lights and began to photograph the items first by themselves and then I grouped some of them up. It was a lot of fun and I ended up with some pretty cool images that I can use for cards and what not to send to friends. It's good practice for product photography or putting images on ebay or Craigslist as well.

So when you have a rainy day or just need something fun to do just hit your local Dollar tree or 98 cent store and find some fun stuff to photograph.

God's blessing and loveto all,
chris

No comments: